Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy for Low Back Pain
There are many advantages to stem cell therapy for patients suffering from low back pain, and is an exciting and growing field of regenerative medicine, that we use at the International Spine Institute. There are three main advantages of stem cell therapy:
- Rejuvenate – Boost your body’s natural ability to heal itself. Your skin heals from a cut within a few days. However, your damaged spine’s discs do not have a blood supply or the ability to recruit specialized cells needed to repair and regenerate.
- Regenerate – By delivering your own (autologous) stem cells derived from your bone marrow to your damaged spine disc, your body can repair and regenerate healthy disc material, resulting in a reduction of painful low back symptoms.
- Restore Physical Function – The ultimate goal of treating any patient with stem cell therapy is to spare the need for invasive spine surgery and return them to physical activity, play, and work.
Do you suffer from low back pain?
Is the low back pain you suffer from affecting your ability to work or play?
Have you been told you are a candidate for lumbar spinal fusion?
If you answered yes to any of the questions, continue to read more about the advantages of stem cells and how it may be helpful to you. Call us to see if you could be a candidate for stem cell therapy at the International Spine Institute.
Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy
This least invasive, out-patient procedure utilizes your body’s own adult stem cells that are harvested from and injected into the damaged spinal disc to potentially restore function and structure and reduce pain. Stem cell injections promote healing and strengthening of damaged spinal disc tissue. Greatest pain relief is typically noticed several weeks to months after the procedure.
- Improved Pain Relief
- Improved Range of Motion, Mobility, and Functionality in Your Low Back
- Short Recovery Time
- Least Invasive Procedure – an outpatient procedure using a local anesthetic, takes about 2 hours and requires no pain medication after the procedure
- No Risk of Rejection – autologous (your own stem cells) stem cells are harvested from your bone marrow and reintroduced to your spinal disc.
- Avoiding Spine Surgery – using stem cell therapy can help patients delay or prevent spine fusion.
- Regenerate Your Damaged Spinal Disc
- No Significant Loss of Work – the procedure does not require a lengthy recovery like spine surgery would
- No General Anesthesia Needed – mild oral or IV medication can be used and local anesthesia to the skin
- Significant Pain Reduction
If you are suffering from low back pain and have failed conservative efforts, we may be able to help you find the relief you desire. To see if you are an ideal candidate for stem cell injection, you can read a recent article written by Dr. Marco Rodriguez. We offer a free review of your MRI to determine if you are a candidate for stem cell therapy.
Currently, the stem cell therapy conducted by Dr. Marco Rodriguez is an individualized treatment and is considered investigational.